Swiftly helps you find the fastest, most efficient transportation options to get from Point A to Point B. You can search using an exact address, or locate a destination from a map.
1. Press on the search bar at the top of the screen.
2. On the next screen, type the address of your location.
If you don't have the exact address of your location, you can also locate it on the map by pressing "Tap to Choose on a Map." You can change your location or destination on the Trip Planner screen.
USING "MY DESTINATIONS"
If you regularly travel to a particular place, like work or school, you may want to add this location to "My Destinations." This feature allows you to route to daily destinations with the touch of a button. My Destinations will always appear at the top of your home screen. To setup My Destinations:
- From the home screen, tap on any of the My Destinations buttons: "Home," "Work," or "Custom."
- You can then set your work location based on a searchable address or you can "Tap to Choose on a Map."
You can always edit My Destinations by tapping "Edit" in the top right corner of the home screen.
TRIP PLANNER SCREEN
The Trip Planner screen can help you figure out which route is the fastest, most efficient way to get to your destination.
- An overview of your transportation mode options will be listed at the top of the screen, under "Overview of Trip Options." You should see travel time and cost estimates for walking, transit, and Uber trips.
- Below that, each transportation mode is broken down into more specific routes. Public Transit Options are listed first, then On-Demand Ride Options, then Walking Options.
- If you press on a trip option, you will be taken to the Directions screen, which breaks down your trip into simple, easy-to-follow directions. You can view these directions in "Step" form, or "Map" form by switching the tabs at the top of the screen.
ADJUSTING MODE PREFERENCE
Swiftly allows you to customize the order of your modes of transportation from the Trip Planner screen. By adjusting mode preference, Swiftly will re-order which modes of transportation display each time you route to a destination.
To adjust mode preference:
- click the “EDIT” button to the right of “Your Top Modes” on the Trip Planner screen
- in the pop-up window, tap the up or down arrows to customize your modes you’d like to see first when routing
- Only the first four modes will appear at the top of the trip planner screen
San Francisco users: If you don't have a Scoot membership, you can learn more on the Scoot website.
If you already have a Scoot membership, you can adjust your settings to reflect which membership level you have. This will help give you more accurate cost estimates each time you use the Trip Planner.
You can set your membership level from the “Your Top Modes” “EDIT” button.